This is to inform all students of the University of Lagos (UNILAG) that the date for hostel balloting for returning students for 2019/2020 is 6th January 2020 while the date for new students is 13th January 2020.
Time for the balloting is 8.00am to 4.00pm.
Now we will show you how to balot for unilag hostel, some UNILAG accommodation tips, requirements for UNILAG Hostel Clearance and hostel TIPS.
ACCOMMODATION TIPS FOR UNILAG FRESHERS
- Unilag has only 7 females hostel and 5 males hostel which are insufficient to accomodate almost 25,000 of students in the school.
- To secure a bedspace in this Hostels you’ll partake in an online exercise called *BALLOTING* . Which is indirectly the survival of the fittest story, that is not everyone will get a space, it’s not a first come first serve service. It’s only depend on your technical ability to beat traffic network.( story for another day).
- In unilag hostels, different sex are not meant to be in a room together , meetings are limited to the hostels reception.
- You all will be assigned a hostel on your portal immediately after paying your school fees in conjunction with your matric no. Irrespective of this assigned hall, you can ballot for any other hostel of your choice. That is you may be assigned to Makama hall but you prefer Moremi hall, you can ballot for moremi.
- After balloting and you’re fortunate to get a space , you’ll be given a less than a week from the day you get the space to pay the hostel bill or it’ll be re allocated to another candidate.
UNILAG HOSTELS AND WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THEM
Credit: Abdulhameed Ridwans.
- Jaja hall: largest male hostel, most populated, the least strict, defunct common room, Double reading room with barely enough chairs and table, feeble Wifi, friendly porters(am not sure I spelt this right), most comfortable quandrangle, very close to Faculties of science, Engineering, Art, Law, Biz Admin and department of mass communications, walking distance from the medical center, Almost 24 hours water supply, lots of verandas and alcoves, Averagely good cafeterias. The greatest fun, the hall for crazy Gentlemen.
- Mariere hall: Best shower and WC experience (if you can wake early), best common room (the Wifi is really strong and the sofas are new), air conditioned reading room, best male cafeteria experience, most squatting, most electricity, a fairly equiped gym, asthmatic water supply, almost as much fun as Jaja, various early morning alarms, crazy sound systems, located in the inner campus, close to most locations as Jaja.
- Eni njoku hall: the Army barracks, least squatting, very compact and small, least fun, I don’t like this hall sef, someone else should coman describe it…
- Biobaku: looks more like an estate apartment building, cool interior, creepy with crazy occupants, the smallest male hostel in terms of space, located very close to the main Gate and faculty of education, and this is all i know…
- Sodeinde: The currently coolest, most comfortable and most expensive hostel, newly refurbished, located at new hall and gbam! it’s born again.
A female who had been to all should be able to give more info, but here’s what I know.
- Moremi: Largest hostel in terms of population and space, the hall of sophistication, has most modellike ladies, located in the inner campus as Jaja and Mariere, most female fun, guy’s scope center, fertile female-hunting ground (a roomie used to say), and I don’t know…
- MTH: the Alhaja’s hall, cool, my favourite female hostel, located in new hall, and plenty squatting, good toilets too (I saw the toilets once, didn;t get to test the showers tho).
- Fagunwa hall: no info except it’s in the new halls
- Honours hall: the Isolated hall, creepy and very deserted environs when it’s past 7, close to DLI and the back gate, fragile and naive girls’ domain.
- Amina hall: pretty large too, located close to the main gate and Faculty of Education, and the rest I heard about this hostel am gonna be keeping to myself, not typable…
- Madam Kofo: Don’t know much except that there;re too many pervert females here, I experienced one night and got more than I bargained for.
- well and there’s Radiography hall which is actually located in Yaba
- and one other female hall I can’t quite remember…
- then the ancient El kanemi hall for the boys…
REQUIREMENTS FOR HOSTEL CLEARANCE
Credit: Daniel Olubajo.
- Hostel Confirmation Slip (Original)
- Seven (7) passports
- Bio-Data Form for Freshers
- WAPIC Receipt (Photocopy)
- Lagmobile Receipt (Photocopy)
- School Fees Receipt
- Admission Letter (Photocopy) for Freshers
- 2 Bed Sheets
- 2 Pillow Cases
- Parents passport
- SIGNED conditions of TENANCY
HOW TO BALLOT FOR UNILAG HOSTEL